Thursday, October 18, 2012

Court, Jay, & Their Darling Girls

I know. I've fallen behind on blogging the things that have been happening. You'd think I just had a baby or something.

Anyways! Courtney and Jay came to Rexburg! They brought themselves and my beautiful nieces, Riley and Piper, with them for Nate's wedding. I was so excited when I heard they were going to be in town! Since they live in Collierville, TN we don't get to see them very often. And since we don't get to see them very often, I hadn't really gotten a chance to get to know Riley very well. 

But when they came to Rexburg a few weeks ago, they stayed with us and so I got to spend some great time with Riley! She is a crack up and a half, and is full of the most bubbly, spontaneous, and crazy personality I have ever seen in a little girl. I just love her!

Even though Courtney and Jay had busy, long days each day it was too much fun to stay up and chat with them when they got back. So, needless to say, we were all pretty exhausted each day. But it was so much fun to get to spend time with them! It was a quick trip for them, but we still loved every minute of it.

We got to spend a lot of time with the Carsons and their darling children as well! I love seeing Jace and Riley play together, and Riley also played with Hallie! It was really sweet to see her bring Hallie along. I love getting to live just a few minutes away from the Carsons. I not only get to be close to one of my sisters, but I get to see her kids too! I'm one lucky aunt.

Here are some pictures. They were all taken by phone, so I apologize for the poor quality.
Enjoy.

Grandma reading to Jace and Hallie.


CHECK OUT HALLIE'S FACE!

Abbie reading to her kiddos.

My little brother, Adam. He later posted this as my facebook profile picture using my phone. What a sweetheart.

Riley and Piper. I got to watch them while Court and Jay were at the sealing.

They're so cute!!

Hallie. She's intrigued by phones.

Uncle Adam and Hallie reading a story.


Hallie loves to see herself on the screen of my phone. So we took some pictures.



The cuteness that is Piper.



And the craziness that is Riley.

Love seeing them together!


Jace and Riley held hands as we walked through the MC up on campus. We were heading to the bookstore. Everyone we passed whispered to each other, "Oh my gosh! Look how cute they are!"




Jace and Riley (still holding hands) in the University Bookstore.
Two of my favorite moments from that weekend:

Number 1: My mom had just taken a picture of Jace and Riley. Riley wanted to see it, so my mom showed her the picture. Riley smiled, started to back away and said, "Oh, I look fantastic!"

Number 2: Throughout the weekend that they were here, Riley left with her family to go to family events related to Nate's wedding. She would ask, just about each time, if I was going to come with them. Courtney would patiently reply that no, I was not going to go with them. However, the morning that we were getting ready to go up on campus, Riley saw me putting my shoes on and excitedly asked Courtney, "Is Taylor coming with us?!" When Courtney said yes, Riley smiled and said, "Oh, that is going to be so fun!

It was a great weekend!! Made us sad when they had to leave, but we are all looking forward to Christmas.  
I love my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment