Monday, October 10, 2011

Our Totally Awesome Halloween FHE

My parents sent us and The Carson's a fun Halloween package! We were sent supplies to make a very fun and cute Halloween decoration. I love crafts! I may not be that fantastic at them, but I think they're a lot of fun and they make me feel productive.

So today Derek and I went and picked our paint colors, came home, did homework, ate dinner, and then got to work!
We decided to put a base coat of black down on the wooden blocks, then once it dried to put on a coat of Crackle.

The Crackle makes it so that when you put the top coat on, it will look aged and the black will come through in little "crackles" to the top. Sorry, that was dumb, but I couldn't think of any other way to say it.

After the crackle dried to the point that it felt a little sticky, we painted the top coats. Derek's looks the best out of all of them because he has much more patience with these types of things than I do. I just want to start the project, go through everything quickly, and have it turn out perfectly!
Sadly, that's not how it works.

But! I still think it looks absolutely adorable.


Derek did this one.



And the finished product with the adorable kitchen towel that was part of our Halloween gift.

Thanks Mom and Dad Thetford for the fun surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment