We had our first snowy day at the end of November, and the girls loved going outside and playing in it. There wasn't a lot of snow on the ground, but it was still so much fun to be outside playing with Reece.
It's always been a tradition to go out the weekend after Thanksgiving and get our Christmas tree. We went with my parents and the Brooksbys to a tree farm in Orting. This picture of Derek and Reece is one of my very favorites! How did I get to marry such a good looking man?
He's not only good looking, but he is an awesome dad and uncle as well. I'm pretty sure he sat here and read two or three princess stories to Reece and Piper. And they're not short stories.
One of my dearest friends, Michelle, and her sister Kari (who is one of Courtney's best friends) had our families over for a pre-Christmas dinner and celebration. They spoiled us and our kids ROTTEN. Reece got a book of princess stories, a Frozen storybook, a dress-up dress, a doctor kit, a Frozen bean-bag toss game, a Frozen art easel, a Rapunzel doll, and so much more. She loves it all! And I love this sweet friend of mine.
Our ward did a Christmas Breakfast this year, and Santa was there! Reece was so excited while we were waiting in line. And then, once she actually got up there, this happened:
Derek and I just stood there, tried to hide our laughter, snapped pictures as fast as we could, and then "rescued" her. To recover from the emotionally traumatizing experience, we went home and decorated gingerbread cookies.
Reece's Grandma Dorene bought her this Christmas dress. It is still one of her favorites. And I understand why! It is absolutely darling. We got this picture after church, thus the grumpy face and messy hair.
We always have Christmas Eve at the Bronson's home, and they have had this little set of Mr. and Mrs. Claus for as long as I can remember. Reece was mesmerized by them!
One of our traditions is to go Christmas caroling at an elderly care center in the area. Reece was on Derek's shoulders, and I just couldn't help but snap this picture really quick. I have such a cute little family.
Another long-standing Christmas Eve tradition is new pajamas! I loved it as a kid, and Reece loved it too. On the left is Hallie (Abbie's little girl), in the middle is Piper (Courtney's second girl), and then there's Reece. And little Brinley (Abbie's youngest) is in the back. These three cousins are all fairly close in age. Hallie is just nine months older than Piper, and Piper is just six months older than Reece. It's so fun to have cousins that are grouped close together so that they can be fun friends!
Our Christmas was wonderful. It was filled with family, and that is the way it is supposed to be. The gifts were wonderful, and the food was amazing (how could I not mention the food?), but being with family is the best. As I get older, I am more and more thankful for the family that I grew up in, for the family that Derek grew up in, and the beautiful family that we have together.













No comments:
Post a Comment