Sunday, March 22, 2015

Time Out for Women - Seattle 2015

My mom, Courtney, and I bought tickets to Time Out for Women this last March. It was at Benaroya Hall in Seattle. The venue itself was amazing, and the program was even better than I had hoped. Each speaker and musical presenter were incredible, and I gained so much from that weekend. It made it even more special to get to be there with my mom and one of my sisters.

They were long, tiring days because we would get up early, get ready, and then drive in to Seattle for the program, then drive all the way home again. So we got up early, got home late, and then got up early again. But, it was more than worth it. I've been to a Time Out for Women and Girls with my mom when I was a teenager, a Time Out for Women in Salt Lake City in 2011, and then this one. I think that attending one of these each year (at least!) will definitely be something I try to do from now on.

Hank Smith was one of my very favorites. He was a last minute fill-in because Sheri Dew was really sick. He got the call sometime late afternoon/early evening that they needed him to speak. So he flew from Salt Lake and arrived in Seattle just in time. He might have had little time to mentally prepare himself to speak that night, but he did an amazing job. His talk was on happiness, and I can't imagine a better talk for me to have heard that night than his. He was incredible.



No comments:

Post a Comment