Monday, February 16, 2015

Quarter of a Century!

Today is my birthday, and it has been perfect. I started the day with a workout (I don't think there's any better way to start the day than with some exercise), and then took my sweet little girl out to do all the things she loves doing. This picture is what I saw when I looked up from my phone while on the elliptical. Riley had climbed up and was peeking up over the top at me!



Reece and I started our day at the park! She absolutely loves going to the park, and now that she's able to do basically everything on her own, I really love it too! I get to sit, enjoy the sunshine, and watch my little girl love playing on the playground. We packed a picnic lunch, had lunch at the park, played some more, and then went home.


Another thing Reece loves to do is to help me bake. So when we got home we baked this giant M&M chocolate chip cookies. Derek and I had planned to go out to dinner at Bob's Burgers for my birthday and do cake and ice cream when we got home. However, that was going to be way after the kiddos would be in bed, so I baked these cookies and made them into an ice cream sandwich so that we could stick some candles in it and have a mini-celebration with the kids before they went to bed. 


After the cookies were done we went outside and rode bikes! Well, Reece rode her tricycle and I walked alongside her. She LOVES to ride her bike. She's been riding this trike like a pro since she was around 20 months old, and I think it's just about time to get her a bigger bike. She still loves this one so much!



Washing is so beautiful, and the weather on my birthday was uncharacteristically amazing! It was warm enough to go to the park and play with just a hoodie and jeans, whereas most of the time it's still so cold in February that you want a hoodie plus a jacket with a hat and gloves if you're going to be outside for very long!


After we had dinner, the girls got in their pajamas and we sang and blew out the candles on the ice cream sandwich. And then, the best part, they each got to have a piece. I may have tasted some too, and it was delicious!





This is the adorable card that Riley made for me for my birthday. She is the sweetest five year old girl around! I love her and how easily she loves others. Riley is just the best, and I love that she loves to play with Reece and will include her in whatever she is doing. 


After all the kids were in bed, Derek and I left for dinner. It was a fairly late dinner, but still amazing. My burger was SO GOOD. I love Bob's. The only thing they're lacking is milkshakes! They don't have them. What burger joint doesn't have shakes? It's unthinkable. 


I am so grateful for this husband of mine. He is loving, supportive, and somehow has endless amounts of energy. He works full-time, goes to school full-time, and still manages to come home with enough energy left to be the awesome husband that he always has been. I love him so much, and can't imagine a better man to celebrate all of my birthdays with. Being 24 was really good. It was a year full of hardship with many unforeseen trials, but it was one of the best years yet. I can't wait to see what 25 has in store for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment