I have been SO behind with my blogging, so here I am, catching up. Derek and I recently graduated from BYU-I (another post on that later). Our last semester was absolutely insane. Derek was taking twelve credits, and among those classes was one of the most difficult accounting courses he had to take at school and a very demanding, time consuming group project. I was taking twelve credits and completing my internship with the Biggest Winner program on campus, which took up 25 hours a week. And on top of all of that, we not only had our sweet and crazy little Reece to take care of, Derek worked 15 hours a week.
We worked out our school schedules so that I had school on Mondays and Wednesdays, and he had school on Tuesdays and Thursdays. On Mondays, my classes ended at 1:45pm, Derek would come to the school with Reece in the car, we'd give each other a hug, he would head to work, and I would go home with Reece. Then, I would go to campus at 6:00pm for some planning/preparation for my internship and Derek would get her from me at 7:00pm when he got done with work. I would then head to my team workouts and individual nutrition meetings and come home between 10:00-11:00pm each night. And that was a typical day for us.
Trust me, it was crazy.
We only got to see each other in passing as we were handing Reece off to the other, and then in the very late hours of the night, finishing up the homework we had. We would then collapse in bed to try and get in a few precious hours of sleep before we had to wake up in the morning and do it all over again. But it was so worth all the hard work, sleepless nights, and stressful days. It was so good to be able to keep Reece at home with one of us each day. Our last spring semester she was with a babysitter on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. She had wonderful, amazing sitters, but we were grateful that we didn't have to miss out on the every day fun, craziness, and adventure with our little monster.
Derek had a really good semester despite how much schoolwork he had to complete and the giant project he worked on. He was also applying for jobs, internships, whatever he could find, he applied to. He had multiple interviews but we finally landed on an internship with URS in Fort Mill, South Carolina. This position may be all the way across the country from our home and families, but it's an opportunity that we both felt really good about. We don't know how it will all work out, but we're excited to try out a new place. Derek is actually currently in South Carolina, since his internship started today, and I am still in Washington. I'm having some oral surgery done, but once that is over Reece and I will be flying out to SC to meet Derek.
We had so much fun with our last semester, but we are really looking forward to all of the wonderful things that lie ahead of us.
I'm amazed at how you rocked your final semester! That's pretty insane! And how exciting to have a new adventure to look forward to right away. Love you guys! Best of luck in SC!
ReplyDelete