Thursday, June 20, 2013

My First Official Mother's Day

I know, this post is late. But I think I deserve some slack here because somehow I'm managing to be a mother, wife, and a student and maintain my goal of getting A-'s or better in all my classes. So, I think it's reasonable to be behind on my blogging.

This year was my first real mother's day! And it was wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. Derek spoiled me
with an awesome cook/craft book, Six Sisters' Stuff! Everything that has been made from it so far has been delicious, and all the crafts/projects look really cute too! I love their blog.

He also got me four little pots with soil and seeds to plant some flowers! I tried to get them to grow for a week, and when nothing sprouted, Derek took over. Two days later, they sprouted. I'm not good with plants. Never have been.

Derek got me a fragrance warmer! I LOVE IT. He bought mango scented wax to melt in it, and it smells like heaven. I turn it on at least once a day, because that moment where I can start to smell the scent is my favorite.

We had a wonderful, relaxed morning with a delicious breakfast prepared by my wonderful husband. Went to church where I got a bag of delectable treats. And then came home, had dinner with my little brother, and then went over to Abbie's for dessert. Oh so good.


It was a fantastic day. I am so grateful to be a mother. It is something that I will never regret. The increased capacity that I have to love is incredible. I have increased compassion and understanding of other women in my same situation. I love my daughter more each day, and I fall in love with Derek all over again each time I see how much he loves Reece and what a wonderful father he is to her. Reece is our entire world, and she is the perfect addition to our family.

I can't write a mother's day post without giving thanks for my own mother. Without her, I would not be where I am today, and would not have the good instincts and skills that I do. She is one of the most gentle, kind, and loving people I know. She has taught me so much, and I have always known that I can go to her for anything. I am lucky enough to be daughter #4 in my family, so I have three absolutely amazing older sisters that are all mothers, and are all incredible examples to me. I have been privileged to learn from them, see what wonderful mothers they are, and to get their advice and tips on entering the world of mommy-hood.

I am also incredibly grateful to have a mother-in-law who is a wonderful example of having unconditional love for her children and grandchildren. She helped Derek turn out to be the man he is, and I just so happened to fall in love with that man, so I will always be grateful. She is a blessing in our lives.

So to all you mothers out there, and to me, happy belated mother's day.


  


No comments:

Post a Comment